TONY LAMA MEN'S KANGO STALLION MEDIUM ROUND TOE BOOTS
Style #: 7901
Upper: 12" KANGO STALLION TOP
Vamp: KANGO STALLION FOOT
Toe: (R) MEDIUM ROUND
Welt: ASH WELT WITH BROWN WELT STITCH
Heel: 4 - 1 5/8' Height
Sizes: B(9-12, 13) D(6-12, 13, 14, 15) EE(6-12, 13)
HANDCRAFTED IN THE USA
HERITAGE BY TONY LAMA
Born to Italian immigrant parents in 1887, Tony Lama learned his first lessons in the boot industry at the early age of 11. An uncle apprenticed the boy to a shoemaker in Syracuse, New York where he learned the leather and boot trade.
After the turn of the century, Tony Lama joined the U.S. Cavalry as a cobbler for the soldiers stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas. Once he completed his tour of service, he decided to stay in the nearby border town of El Paso. Realizing the importance of a good boot fit from his stint in the Cavalry, Tony Lama set out to make the best fitting, most comfortable boot possible.
Initially, repairs were the biggest segment of his business but word quickly spread through out the Southwest about Tony Lama's Western boots. Soon, cowboys and ranchers were joining the cavalrymen at his doorstep, carrying hides and requesting custom-made boots. That first year, Tony Lama and one helper made 20 pairs of boots.
When the army phased out the horse soldiers, Tony Lama concentrated solely on making quality Western boots. In the 1930s, Western wear stores began asking for his boots. To meet the growing demands, Tony Lama developed methods to produce greater quantities without sacrificing the key steps in hand crafting. In 1961, nearly 50 years after the first store opened, the company moved into larger quarters and began making 750 pairs of boots a day.
Tony Lama passed away in 1974, but his sons and daughters continued his tradition of quality and hand craftsmanship, making this a true American success story. In 1990, Tony Lama became part of the Justin Boot family. Once competitors, these companies have set the standard for quality and craftsmanship worldwide.
The legacy created by the humble cobbler, a hard working entrepreneur with a fierce pride in his craft, lives on. The same commitment to quality is reflected in the corporation that bears Tony Lama's name today.
- TONY LAMA MEN'S CHOCOLATE VINTAGE OSTRICH SQUARE TOE$339.00 was $449.00
- BRONCO BOOTS MEN'S FULL QUILL OSTRICH PAJA RUSTIC$399.00 was $499.99
- NOCONA MEN'S BLACK LEATHER MEDIUM ROUND TOE BOOTS$99.99 was $139.99
- NOCONA MEN'S SABLE LEATHER MEDIUM ROUND TOE BOOTS$99.99 was $139.99
- NOCONA MEN'S BROWN LEATHER MEDIUM ROUND TOE BOOTS$99.99 was $139.99
- NOCONA MEN'S ANTIQUE BROWN VINTAGE FULL QUILL OSTRICH$390.00 was $499.99
- JUSTIN MEN'S RUGGED TAN COWHIDE SQUARE TOE WORK BOOTS$109.95 was $129.95
- JUSTIN MEN'S RUGGED TAN COWHIDE SQUARE STEEL TOE WORK BOOT$119.95 was $139.95
- BRONCO MEN'S COGNAC FULL QUILL OSTRICH POINTED TOE BOOT$179.99 was $399.99
- TONY LAMA MEN'S - BARK BADGER COMPOSITION TOE # TW1061$169.99 was $199.99